What is LS3 Conversion at Texoma Classics?
It is the philosophy of converting an old vehicle with a worn out drive train into a high performance vehicle with a Corvette 525 hp engine. And we don’t stop there…
In addition, we add a new matching transmission, Currie rear-end, suspension, interior and paint. So whether it’s a Vintage truck, Euro or Muscle car… we will turn and torque your prized automobile into something amazing and unlike anything else you’ve ever seen or driven!
Full LS3 conversions, including: modified chassis, engine installation, drive-train engineering/modification and Electronic Control Unit (ECU). The LS3 6.2L is modified to 525-hp starting with the standard engine in the Chevrolet Corvette and is a fantastic combination of high technology and uncompromising performance. Our LS3 crate engine comes complete, from the Corvette-specific oil pan to the ignition system. It also includes the EFI intake manifold assembly with injectors and throttle body, exhaust manifolds, water pump, balancer, 58X reluctor wheel, and 14-inch automatic-transmission flexplate.
Inside, the LS3 is filled with components designed for high performance and longevity. The aluminum block is filled with a sturdy reciprocating assembly that combines with L92-type rectangular-port heads to deliver a 10.7:1 compression ratio. A high-lift, hydraulic roller camshaft delivers a whopping 0.551-inch of lift on the 2.16-inch intake valves and 0.522-inch lift on the 1.59-inch exhaust valves, enhancing the LS3’s tremendous airflow and broad torque curve.
LS376/525 TECH SPECS
· Engine Type: LS-Series Gen IV Small-Block V-8
· Displacement: 376ci (6.2L)
· Bore x Stroke: 4.065'' x 3.622'' (103.25 x 92mm)
· Block: Cast-aluminum with six-bolt, cross-bolted main caps
· Crankshaft: Nodular iron
· Connecting Rods: Powdered metal
· Pistons: Hypereutectic aluminum
· Camshaft Type: Hydraulic roller
· Valve Lift: .525'' intake / .525'' exhaust
· Camshaft Duration (@.050 in.): 226° intake / 236° exhaust
· Cylinder Heads: Aluminum L92-style port; ''as cast'' with 68cc chambers
· Valve Size: 2.165'' intake / 1.590'' exhaust
· Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
· Rocker Arms: Investment-cast, roller trunnion
· Rocker Arm Ratio: 1.7:1
· Recommended Fuel: 92 octane
· Maximum Recommended rpm: 6600
· Reluctor Wheel: 58X
· Balanced: Internal